F22Fighter.com Community

Author Topic: F-35 UAV  (Read 32651 times)

September 07, 2006, 12:26:17 AM
Reply #30
  • Major Gen.
  • 1 look 1 shot 1 enemy less
    • View Profile
    • F-22 Site - enjoy

I`m with the drone supervise pilot, a pilot in a plane over the enemy teritory that controles a drone in front of him  *proud* or the co-pilot will do that.
 *USFLAG* -V- *USFLAG*
The best plane in the sky is The F-22 Raptor !

September 07, 2006, 10:24:35 AM
Reply #31
  • Better to be forgotten a hero than remembered a tyrant.
  • Executive Officer
  • General Of the Board
  • The Amazing Winderboy
    • View Profile
    • Project A.C.E.S.

I`m with the drone supervise pilot, a pilot in a plane over the enemy teritory that controles a drone in front of him  *proud* or the co-pilot will do that.
 *USFLAG* -V- *USFLAG*
Now that just makes no sense.
AIR FORCE CORE VALUES
Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do

September 07, 2006, 12:58:16 PM
Reply #32
  • Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
  • A-10 Lover
    • View Profile

Dude Sidewinder can i know why you dont like Unmanned Aircrafts. Is it because of movies like Terminator and "Stealth"....it talks about a same thing..an unmanned artificially intelligent Freaking computer aircraft... Goes Fuc..king Crazy and develops a mind of its own and shoot down whatever think comes in the middle.  Even i dont want movies like Terminator become into reality and make an End of Human Race but dont worry those Unmanned F-35 will be controled by the humans on the ground ;D ;D

The same think was talked in many other forums like which i listed on the above post of mine

Because he wants to fly into enemy territory blind, and get killed?
...Wha-?

I'm not for full sized recon drones, but I am in favor of the smaller drones going in and scooping things out first.
We got satellites for that.

You don't get as much detail from satellite imagery, as you do from say a helo drone that can pop up, get a pic, and drop back down.  And satellite imagery doesn't show the enemy hiding under rocks, and whatever foliage that might offer cover.  Satellites are good for an all over view, but are not designed to get "up close and personal".

I agree with LooseCannon.  In an Iraq base.  The air force uses a predator to patrol the perimeter of the base to check for insurgents preparing for an attack.
Ah, okay. It came off like she was saying go into a full-fledged battle just to "scope things out."

For a fairly intelligent young man, you can be incredibly dense at times.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 01:05:31 PM by LooseCannon »
LooseCannon

9/11NEVER FORGET!

"Right now you're gonns aquire that courage, or I'm gonna break my steel leg off in your...."

Oh, just to be in the warm glow of all this testosterone!

September 14, 2006, 08:38:26 AM
Reply #33
  • Major Gen.
    • View Profile
    • F-22 Site - enjoy

My point is that if you send a drone in the front of the aircraft, the co-pilot will controll the drone is the drone find something then the fightter will decide if he wan`t to attack or run in a squad of planes or helicopters, is necessary a single drone. The drone does not need to be very smart, to launch a missile or something like that, it`s only an extra eye.
 *USFLAG* -V- *USFLAG*

September 15, 2006, 01:49:58 AM
Reply #34

I am all for a UAV F-35, boig short term investment but i big long time saving, people who complain along the whole line of 'morals' really annoy me, my answer is fine, you keep your head in the sand with your 20th century piloted aircraft, thats cool, but don't come crying to me when you get owned by hundreds of UCAVs...

September 15, 2006, 01:57:59 AM
Reply #35
  • Major Gen.
    • View Profile
    • F-22 Site - enjoy

*haha* *haha* *haha* Ok we will see how is better the humain or the machine .... But I think on earth we heve big limits, but the space... After 300-400 years all of this will now count for nothig, if we find a new planet we can leave there for milions of years. I thimk you will realyse the machine is better at some things, but if we eliminate the humain factor and create a UAV Raptor better than the humain one ... in nature the best leaves and the weaker dies ... go figer .
 *USFLAG* -V- *USFLAG*

October 27, 2006, 04:02:40 PM
Reply #36
  • Captain
  • F22Fighter.com Member
    • View Profile

Still, screw that. I hate that UAVs are even flying.

That's a very broad and general statement.
I'm glad that some people disagree with statements like these.
A queezy feeling may occur when your brain thinks your body is experiencing something different than what the eyes percieve.

October 27, 2006, 06:12:46 PM
Reply #37
  • Global Moderator
  • Lt. General
  • A-10 Lover
    • View Profile

Still, screw that. I hate that UAVs are even flying.

That's a very broad and general statement.
I'm glad that some people disagree with statements like these.

You'll never convince SW that UAV's doing an aerial sweep is a good thing, that might save lives.
LooseCannon

9/11NEVER FORGET!

"Right now you're gonns aquire that courage, or I'm gonna break my steel leg off in your...."

Oh, just to be in the warm glow of all this testosterone!

October 27, 2006, 06:44:11 PM
Reply #38
  • Captain
  • F22Fighter.com Member
    • View Profile

You'll never convince SW that UAV's doing an aerial sweep is a good thing, that might save lives.

yes, that's the way i had it figured, i haven't been on this forum for very long and i'll admit that i didn't read the whole thread, but i couldn't pass up the opportunity to state my opinion about such a general comment.  The original topic was "F-35 UAV" and i'm not giving an opinion on that, but i might start a thread about "UAV's - tell what you've seen and experienced".
A queezy feeling may occur when your brain thinks your body is experiencing something different than what the eyes percieve.

October 30, 2006, 01:20:58 AM
Reply #39
  • Major Gen.
    • View Profile
    • F-22 Site - enjoy

A pretty good ideea, I think UAV`s are good for something but UCAV`s uh, A man is better than a machine at some stuff.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:42:15 AM by SJ »

October 30, 2006, 11:01:36 AM
Reply #40

A pretty good ideea, I think UAV`s are goof for something but UCAV`s uh, A man is better than a machine at some stuff.

Especially when it comes to air to air combat.

October 31, 2006, 05:15:39 PM
Reply #41
  • Captain
  • F22Fighter.com Member
    • View Profile

A pretty good ideea, I think UAV`s are goof for something but UCAV`s uh, A man is better than a machine at some stuff.

This statement is quite subjective and no quantifiable basis was offered.  Sounds like an opinion with which I strongly disagree.  And by the way, charter of the X-47B is not air-to-air combat.

X-47B info:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/x-47-specs.htm
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/x47/

Operatioinal Risk Management concepts:
http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/orm/generalorm/introduction/introduction.htm
http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/pubfiles/af/90/afi90-901/afi90-901.pdf

October 31, 2006, 05:17:23 PM
Reply #42

No one ever said that it was used for air to air.

October 31, 2006, 05:45:20 PM
Reply #43
  • Captain
  • F22Fighter.com Member
    • View Profile

No one ever said that it was used for air to air.
I misunderstood,
I interpreted the response as an arguement against replacing manned a/c with UCAV's for air to air combat and that isn't a part of the equation.  Now I see that we were just starting a new train of thought since that is not a reason we shouldn't develop and utilize UCAV's.

I don't think i'll argue that point.

November 04, 2006, 02:05:35 AM
Reply #44
  • Major Gen.
    • View Profile
    • F-22 Site - enjoy

2. Goals:
2.1. Enhance mission effectiveness at all levels, while preserving assets and safeguarding health and
welfare.
2.2. Integrate ORM into mission processes, ensuring decisions are based upon assessments of risk
integral to the activity and mission.
2.3. Create an Air Force in which every leader, airman, and employee is trained and motivated to
manage risk in all their on- and off-duty activities.
2.4. Identify opportunities to increase Air Force warfighting effectiveness on the battlefield and in the
operational aerospace environment, helping to ensure decisive victory in any future conflict at the
least possible cost.
Yes you can do all of this with a UCAV but if we make this step ( UCAV`s ) - The humain factor is fading, the next step in perfecting out defenses is making robots that can rebuilt themselfs, a mistake.  If we want to create a big weapon my choice will be in the favor of the UCAV`s but if we want to build a good and reliable one we need to include the humain factor .  The OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGEMENT should be reached ithout a machin, with humain power, or only with a humain factor.